The country is searching for different ways of use of renewables in order to save the natural resources. Wind power is deemed to have the highest potential. Toady just 0.5% of electricity in the country is generated by renewables. According to the Industrial Program of Power Development in Kazakhstan, 1% of electricity (1 billion kWh per year) shall be generated by clean energy resources.
The interest in wind power development can be explained as follows:
- a renewable energy source not depending on fuel prices
- no emissions release or greenhouse gases
- well-developed worldwide market of wind power plants
- competitive cost of installed capacity (US$1,000-1,400 per kW)
- competitive cost of power not depending on fuel cost
- a short period of WPP construction with WPP capacity adjusted to required load
- decentralized power supply to distant regions
For the purpose of implementing the governmental orders to develop the Renewable Energy Sources (RES), the National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan has established a working group to determine the potential of wind power in the Republic of Kazakhstan with specialists and scientists of international level engaged:
- Bakytzhan Tursynovich Zhumagulov, Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2010-2013), Doctor of Engineering, Professor,President of the National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Senior Vice President of the International Engineering Academy
- Nadirov Karimovich Nadirov, academic of the National Academy of Science Senior Vice President of the National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Chemistry, Member of the Board of Directors of Kazakh Institute of Oil and Gas JSC, Independent Director of KazMunayTengiz Offshore Oil Company, Director General of Oil Research and Engineering Center
- Rakhman Alshanovich Alshanov, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Academic,President of Turan University, President of Association of Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Member of the Board of Directors of EdNet Central Asian Academy
- Albert Vassilyevich Bolotov, Director General of Ecoenergomach LLP, Doctor of Engineering, Professor of Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications
- Ruslan Bakytzhanovich Zhumagulov, Doctor of Economics, Academic of International Engineering Academy,Academic of the National Engineering Academy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Chairperson of the Management Board of DarRus Investment Group.
For the purpose of commercialization of wind power potential of the Republic of Kazakhstan, DarRus Energy LLP was established headed by Academic of International Engineering Academy Ruslan Bakytzhanovich Zhumagulov, whose aim is to use wind power potential of Kazakhstan to generate power, save resources and protect environment.
The specialists in DarRus Investment Group implemented the following investment projects:
Creating Bautino support base for maritime operations:
Asia Gas Pipeline
Renovation of Aktau port quay
Yereymentau wind power plant
Darrus Energy’s objectives are as follows:
- Attracting investment in wind power sector of Kazakhstan
- Encouraging development of rural wind power
- Developing research and technical and industrial framework for wind power
- International cooperation in implementation of the Wind Power Development Program
Attracting capital market in new projects
DarRus Energy’s working process is as follows:
- feasibility study with respect to installation of alternative energy sources (rate of return of the project);
- assessment of solar and wind power potential;
- detail design of the power plant system;
- attracting funds for the project implementation; and
- plant installation and commissioning.
In addition, our company provides lifetime maintenance of the facilities constructed.